|"Why read about a game when you could play it? So playing it is easier, of course!"|
- Mr. Dark
This page is about game info. Here, you can learn alot about retro games!
A Short HistoryEdit
Rayman 2: The great escape, released in October 29th, 1999. It's an Action/Platformer game, and the second game in the Rayman series. It's the best game of the series, according to fans. Unlike the first game, it's in 3D, and has had several re-releases since, due to fans. The most recent being on the 3DS.
The plot is quite dark compared to other games of the series: Rayman has been kidnapped and has lost his abilitys, and must escape from Cpt. Razorbeards flying ship and robot army. The heart of the world has been split into 1000 yellow lums, which Rayman must collect to access new levels and abilitys. He also must revive Polokus, the 'god' of their world. At the end of the game, Rayman defeats Razorbeard and is supposedely dead, but makes a comeback and the credits roll.
Some abilitys are:
Lum Shot: Rayman shoots a lum to attack. This is later upgraded to be chargeable.
Helicopter Hair: Using this, Rayman can glide and, in 1 level only, fly upwards with his hair.
Lum Swing: If you shoot a Purple Lum, you'll swing from it. Jump to get back off of it.
Rayman makes new aquintances too. Some are:
Globox: Raymans best friend. He can withstand alot of attack, yet is still quite coward.
Ly the Fairy: Ly is 1 of the most powerful in the world, and gives Rayman powers once he frees her.
Polokus: Practically 'God' in this world. He must be revived with the 4 masks to help Rayman save the day.
Captain Razorbeard: Rayman's new enemy. He took over, and it's up to Rayman to stop him!
Clark the Giant: A giant person who was created to carve mountains. He is also Rayman's good friend.
The Grand Minimus: The Grand Minimus is a group of four Teensies who are the king of all Teensies.
- The game was originally supposed to be a 2D side-scroller like the first game, Rayman.
- Bzzt from the first game makes a cameo near the start, and Moskito makes a cameo in the PS2 version.
- Rayman's hair used to be split into 3 waves, but now there's only two.
- There were 999 lums after Razorbeard ate one, but there's a hidden area were you can find the 1000th lum.
- This was the first game that lums was used in. In Rayman Origins they're used as currency.
- The only English Rayman speaks is "Hey!" and "Stop!". The rest is gibberish or a name.
- The pirate ship in the game is later found in Rayman Origins, being ridden by a Livingstone and Ales.
- In the PS2 version, there's a boss named Chenille. Chenille is the French word for Caterpillar.